Obligations of WSE shareholders concerning material blocks of shares are subject to the provisions applicable to public companies laid down in the Act on Public Offering, Conditions Governing the Introduction of Financial Instruments to Organised Trading, and Public Companies (including Article 69 which defines the threshold at or above which the shareholder is required to notify the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the issuer of shares).

WSE is also subject to the provisions of the Act on Trading in Financial Instruments, in particular Article 24 which requires a person or entity intending to acquire or take up, directly or indirectly, shares of Warsaw Stock Exchange representing at least 5% of the total number of votes or shares or causing it to reach or exceed 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 33% or 50% of the total number of votes or shares to notify the Polish Financial Supervision Authority.